Thursday, May 17, 2012

Finding Myself as a Photographer

I have taken some time off from photo-sessions to find myself. I've used this time to discover my photography style, talk to other photographers about their favorite sessions to do and so much more. I have learned so much about myself through the past few months. One photographer may be strong in headshots and another may be wonderful when it comes to nature. Instead of wanting to focus on every style of photography, I have decided to narrow down my "goal list" and focus purely on those instead. As much as I love photographing people, I do not feel that photographing them in a studio environment is my strength. I've seen SO many photographers excelling in studio shot environments. I prefer raw emotion though. I recently photographed a gathering to celebrate an individual's high school graduation, 18th birthday as well a good-bye party for boot camp. I captured a little brother hugging his older brother (he was already starting to dread his big brother leaving for 3 months). It's pure emotional moments like those that really get my shutter clicking! Anyway, I'll be back on in a little while and post some of my new work. Hopefully! Keep shooting, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment